Thursday, June 11, 2009

Confusing Trust

I am greatly confused
my mind feels so abused.
What is this great fight,
over my mind's plight?
One thought says yes
One thought says no,
another thought says maybe
the other one says I don't think so

God why can't you give me a clue?
This clue I will so longingly pursue!
I want to skip the hard rotten times
I just want to hear those joyful chimes!

I have heard from godly men
that you will guide us
because we have asked you
to be inside us.
but this must be a myth
becuase I am still waiting on you

God why can't you give me a clue?
This clue I will so longingly pursue!
I want to skip the hard rotten times
I just want to hear those joyful chimes!

This I have learned from many days
of me waiting on you to act
it's not only you that does stuff...
it's me that should learn how to react
to these seperate thoughts that keep coming my way
to these several things that have lead me astray
the only way I can learn this
is by watching for things that bewareingly are amiss
these things should not be in my brain
so my authentic beauty can no longer be stained

God, trust is the treasure I need now
not clarity, not fame, not to be proud
Yes trust is the greatest treasure to pursue
this trust will lead me nearer to you

I have longed for clarity for too long
The hard rotten times will forever come
no matter which way I turn or run
the best thing that I can do
is learn discernment, hope, and God's true love
the only way I can learn to do what I've stated
is by praying, listening, reading what God has baited

God, trust is the treasure I need now
not clarity, not fame, not to be proud
Yes trust is the greatest treasure to pursue
this trust will lead me nearer to you

These are not myths but words of truth
don't yearn for clarity
yearn for trust, surrender, and wisdom
trust will capture God's heart
clarity will make one depart
God doesn't want things easy
neither does he wants things cheesy
God isn't training a robot for life
He is training a neatly knit together individual
one He created, one he sees through
one he can say with GREAT passion
"I LOVE YOU!"

God, trust is the treasure I need now
not clarity, not fame, not to be proud
Yes trust is the greatest treasure to pursue
this trust will lead me nearer to you

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I just must quickly say... God is sooooo good! I couldn't have written this on my own. It's totally God!